This sensational salmon recipe can be served as a healthy lunch or dinner, and it takes minimal preparation.
- 2 x salmon fillets (preferably wild salmon)
- 1/2 cup basmati rice (preferably brown)
- 2 handfuls of frozen peas (or any frozen vegetable)
- 2tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp honey
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bring saucepan of water to the boil. Add rice to boiling water and cook for 20mins. Add peas to the rice for the last 10mins.
Whilst rice is cooking place the salmon fillets on a baking tray. Then prepare the sauce by adding to a small bowl the dark soy sauce, sesame oil and honey. Stir well and drizzle a small amount on the salmon fillets then sprinkle over the dried chilli flakes. Place salmon in oven to cook for 10-12mins.
Drain the rice and peas and serve, then add cooked salmon to the top of rice and drizzle remaining sauce over salmon and rice.
Discover our other recipes here https://www.natural-alternative.co.uk/blog/category/recipes/
- The information in this article is for educational purposes and should not replace medical advice.
- The information is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition.
- If you have a diagnosed medical condition, you should consult a doctor before making any major changes to your diet, and;
- Some supplements may interact with medications and you should check with your GP before commencing any supplement programme.
Photo from Waitrose website.